SQL Saturday Baton Rouge 2018 is open for registration! The event will be held on August 11, 2018. Please visit the website and sign up if you’re interested.
If you’re interested in development at all this is a must attend event. The sessions span all areas of development. As the site says:
For the 10th year, SQLSaturday Baton Rouge is coming to LSU!
SQLSaturday is a global event to bring Information Technology speakers and professionals together for a community-driven, community-attended free day of technical training. The Baton Rouge SQLSaturday event is sponsored by the Baton Rouge SQL Server and .NET User Groups, and will be our annual event on campus at LSU. We expect 600+ regional IT professionals and national speakers to join us. This free conference is open to the public and is perfect for students, CIO’s, database administrators, developers, IT managers, server admins and job-seekers.
Here’s your 2017 link round up for recommended reading. This should cover Nov and Dec.
- The Heisenberg Developer
- Encryption Strategy
- Razor Pages
- .NET Core vs .NET Framework: How to Pick a .NET Runtime for an Application
- Developer Extensions, Plugins, etc.
- Building Inclusive Toggle Buttons
- New Tools and Extensions for VS2017
- .NET Portability Analyzer
- Extracting Data with Regular Expressions
- SQL Application Lock
- Quick Wins For Improving Performance And Security Of Your Website
- Code Analysis, Profiling and Refactoring Tools for VS 2017
- Modernize existing .NET apps with Windows Containers and Azure
- Introducing API Analyzer
- Connect Event
- Dependency Injection w/ Miguel Castro
- Free Azure Account
- Understanding CSS Layout and the Block Formatting Context
On Sept 19-21, 2017, Microsoft held .NET Conf 2017. The site describes it as follows:
.NET Conf is a free, 3 day virtual developer event co-organized by the .NET community and Microsoft.
Over the course of the three days you have a wide selection of live sessions that feature speakers from the community and .NET product teams where you can learn, ask questions live, and get inspired for your next software project.
You will learn to build for web, mobile, desktop, games,…